In Chapter 4 of Learner-Centered Teaching, Terry Doyle talks about feedback
Here are some key points about giving feedback:
- Feedback is most effective when both students and teachers are actively involved.
- Assignments should be given so that students can see the benefit of paying attention to the feedback.
- Give feedback that tells the student how to improve.
- Link feedback to a rubric.
- Give feedback as soon as possible.
- Use language the students can understand.
- Make the feedback very specific.
- Relate feedback to the learning goals.